With the advent of mobile trading apps, investing in stock markets has always been challenging. Increasingly popular stock trading platforms are becoming popular among Malaysians thanks to rising technology and the growing number of apps. However, not all trading apps are created equal. An overview of the best stock trading apps in Malaysia is given in this article, including their features, pros and cons, and how they stand out from the rest.
Introduction to stock trading apps
The stock market has always been one of Malaysians’ most popular investment options. Stock trading apps have become popular among investors, given the ease of access to the internet and the proliferation of mobile devices. With so many options, deciding which app to use can be overwhelming.
Stock trading apps are becoming increasingly popular in Malaysia as they offer a convenient and user-friendly way to trade stocks. With a stock trading app, you can trade stocks anywhere and anytime. This is especially useful for busy people who need more time to go to the stock market.
So, what are the best stock trading apps in Malaysia? Keep reading to find out!
What to look for in a stock trading app
Before diving into the details of Malaysia’s best stock trading apps, let’s first understand what factors to consider when selecting an app. Here are some features to look for:
i. User interface and ease of use
The user interface is an essential aspect of any stock trading app. The app should be easy to navigate, with a clear layout and a user-friendly interface.
ii. Security and reliability
Since stock trading involves your hard-earned money, security is crucial. The app should have robust security measures, such as two-factor authentication and encryption, to protect your account and data.
iii. Trading fees and commissions
Trading fees and commissions can significantly impact your investment returns. Ensure that you select an app with reasonable trading fees and low commissions.
iv. Availability of research tools and educational resources
Some apps offer research tools and educational resources to help you make informed investment decisions. Look for apps that access stock analysis, news, and other financial data.
v. Range of investment products
Stock trading apps provide many different investment options. Ensure that the app you select offers a wide range of investment products to suit your investment goals.
Best stock trading apps in Malaysia
Let us look closely at some of Malaysia’s best stock trading apps.
Best Brokers for intermediate and advanced investors
Why Should we choose it?
Interactive Brokers is a leading stockbroker with a reputation for offering unparalleled trading services to its clients. It is best suited for active traders who require access to various financial instruments across different markets.
The broker has a comprehensive range of trading platforms, including the popular Trader Workstation (TWS) and the IBKR Mobile app, designed to meet traders’ diverse needs.
- So be sure to research and read the fine print before investing. Interactive Brokers offers some of the lowest trading fees in the industry, making it an affordable option for both beginner and advanced traders.
- Traders can analyze the market and make informed investment decisions through advanced trading tools such as customizable charts, scanners, and trading algorithms.
- Interactive Brokers has robust security measures, including two-factor authentication and encryption, to protect users’ accounts and data.
- Interactive Brokers offers professional-grade research and analysis tools, including access to third-party research reports, market data, and news.
- The company offers low trading fees, a range of financial instruments, and access to advanced trading platforms for active traders.
- Beginners may find the platform overwhelming since it offers many features and trading tools that require some skill.
- The platform charges high margin interest rates, which may disadvantage traders who borrow funds to invest.
2. Saxo Bank
Best trading app for advanced traders
Why Should we choose it?
Saxo Bank offers financial products and services worldwide, including a wide range of products and products. It is known for its cutting-edge technology, competitive pricing, and excellent customer service.
Saxo Bank provides access to more than 40,000 financial instruments, including stocks, bonds, options, futures, foreign exchange, and commodities.
- The platform is user-friendly and customizable, allowing clients to tailor it to their needs.
- It also provides access to real-time market data, news, and analysis, which can help clients make informed trading decisions.
- You can learn more about the latest market trends on Saxo Bank’s webinars, guides, and tutorials.
- Saxo Bank is a reliable choice for investors looking for a comprehensive and advanced trading experience.
- Its global reach, competitive pricing, and top-notch customer service make it a top choice for novice and experienced investors.
- Saxo Bank is its high fees. The platform charges high prices for Trading, account maintenance, and other services, which may only suit some investors.
- The platform is only available in some countries, and its services may be restricted in certain regions due to regulatory issues.
Best for forex and CFDs
Why Should we choose it?
XTB is one of the leading online trading platforms renowned for providing an exceptional trading experience to its customers. With over two decades of experience in the financial industry, XTB has established a reputation for reliability, transparency, and innovation.
The platform offers indices, stocks, and forex and commodities trading instruments, enabling traders to diversify their portfolios and take advantage of economic conditions.
Moreover, XTB provides its customers with advanced trading tools, educational resources, and reliable customer support to help them make informed trading decisions.
- XTB offers a seamless trading experience that is easy to navigate and customize.
- This platform offers advanced charting tools, technical analysis indicators, and risk management features that help traders analyze the market, identify trade opportunities, and manage their positions.
- Demo accounts are available at XTB, enabling traders to practice strategies and test the platform without risking money.
- XTB offers a range of trading platforms, including the popular MetaTrader 4 (MT4) platform and its proprietary xStation 5 platforms, which provides advanced trading tools, features, and customization options.
- The XTB trading platform serves the diverse needs of traders worldwide.
- Even though XTB offers Trading on several financial instruments, its product offering is considerably limited compared with other brokers, particularly in cryptocurrency.
- XTB charges relatively high fees compared to other brokers, particularly on forex trading, where spreads can be wide.
The Best app for CFDs trading
Why Should we choose it?
Pepperstone has provided clients with a wide range of trading services since its inception in 2010.
The broker is best known for its user-friendly trading platforms, competitive trading conditions, and excellent customer support.
Furthermore, Pepperstone is regulated by top-tier authorities such as ASIC and FCA, ensuring that clients’ funds are safe and secure.
- Pepperstone is the wide range of trading instruments available. Clients can access over 150 forex pairs and various CFDs on indices, commodities, and shares.
- The broker also offers low spreads, fast execution speeds, and no-requotes, making it an ideal choice for traders who value fast and efficient Trading.
- The platform provides educational resources, including webinars, trading guides, and market insight, that are accessible to both traders and novices.
- With its competitive trading conditions, excellent customer support, and an array of trading instruments, Pepperstone is one of the market’s best forex and CFD brokers.
- It does not charge deposit or withdrawal fees, making it easier for traders to move their money in and out of their accounts.
- As technology increases and Malaysians are increasingly interested in stock trading, several apps have emerged to cater to the growing demand for online trading platforms. It’s like betting on whether the stock will increase or decrease in value.
- Pepperstone’s research tools are limited compared to other brokers, which may be a drawback for some traders.
- Pepperstone only offers variable spread accounts, which may not be suitable for traders who prefer fixed spreads.
Best for Copy Trading
Why should we choose it?
You can copy trades from successful traders using eToro, a social trading platform. It’s a great option for beginners who want to learn from experienced traders while trading themselves.
eToro is regulated by several reputable authorities, including the FCA, ASIC, and CySEC. The platform is user-friendly, and customer support is available 24/7.
- This social trading platform allows you to copy the trade of successful traders. These feature benefits beginners who want to learn from experienced traders while Trading.
- eToro has a user-friendly platform that is easy to use, even for beginners. Etoro is legal in Malaysia and this platform is well-designed, intuitive, and visually appealing.
- This platform offers various trading instruments, including currency pairs, commodities, stocks, and indices.
- eToro has low fees compared to other forex brokers. The platform charges zero commission on reserves and offers competitive spreads on forex trades.
- eToro has excellent customer support that is available 24/7. You can contact their support team through email, live chat, or phone.
- It offers a limited number of currency pairs compared to other forex brokers.
- eToro charges withdrawal fees that can be higher than those of other brokers.
Methodology of best stock trading apps in Malaysia
Several factors are considered to determine the best stock trading apps in Malaysia. Here are some of the key criteria:
a. User Experience:
The trading app should have a user-friendly interface that makes navigating and executing trades easier for users.
The app should use the latest security protocols to protect users’ personal and financial information.
c. Fees and Commissions:
Trading apps should offer competitive pricing and transparent fee structures.
d. Trading Tools:
The app should offer a range of trading tools, such as charting, technical analysis, and news updates, to help users make informed trading decisions.
e. Customer Support:
The trading app should have a responsive customer support team that promptly addresses issues or concerns.
f. Mobile Compatibility:
The app should be compatible with iOS and Android devices and offer a seamless mobile trading experience.
The best stock trading apps in Malaysia offers a combination of ease of use, security, low fees, and robust trading tools to help users make informed trading decisions.
Best Statistics related to stock apps in Malaysia
- With the internet and mobile technology, many trade apps malaysians to track their investments and make informed decisions when buying or selling stocks.
- Despite the regional competition, Malaysia made major strides and became the first to reach the $2.5 trillion mark.
- The number of mobile trading accounts opened in Malaysia has been steadily increasing, with a reported 58% increase in mobile trading accounts.
- 67% of Malaysian investors use digital platforms to manage their investments, and 53% of those investors use mobile apps to do so.
- The Malaysian Stock Market (FBM KLCI) is expected to have 1405.56 points by the end of this quarter.
How to start trading stock in Malaysia?
Here are the steps to start trading stocks in Malaysia:
1. Get a Central Depository System (CDS) account: A CDS account is required to hold and trade stocks in Malaysia. You can open a CDS account with a stockbroker or a bank that provides brokerage services.
2. Creating a trading account: After a CDS account, you must open a brokerage account with a stockbroker or bank. It places to buy and sell stock orders with the trading account.
3. Fund your trading account: You must deposit funds into your trading bank account before investing. A broker or bank may require an individual deposit amount, so check with them to determine the minimum deposit requirements.
4. Research and analyze stocks: Studying and analyzing the stores you want to buy is important before you start trading. You can use various tools and resources, including financial news, company reports, and stock analysis websites, to help you make informed trading decisions.
5. Activate a buy order: Once you choose the stocks you want to buy, you can purchase through your trading account. You must specify the number of shares you wish to purchase and the price you will pay.
6. Monitor your investments: After you have bought stocks, it’s important to monitor your investments regularly. You can use your trading account or other tools to track the performance of your assets and make adjustments as needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to trade with an international stock broker?
Yes, it is possible! Many international stock brokers allow customers to buy and sell shares worldwide.
However, before you start trading, research the specific rules and regulations for your country and the broker you choose.
Understanding any potential risks of investing in foreign markets is also important. With careful planning and education, Trading with an international broker is a great opportunity to diversify your portfolio and increase your returns.
How do the fees and commissions of different stock trading apps in Malaysia compare?
Malaysia has several stock trading apps available to investors. Each app has its own unique features and pricing structures.
One of the primary considerations for investors when choosing a trading app is the fees and commissions charged for trading securities.
Several trading apps offer low fees and commissions, making them popular among investors.
Investors should compare the pricing structures of different apps to find one that suits their investment needs and budget.
Choosing a low fees and commissions trading app can help investors maximize their returns and achieve their investment goals.
What are the taxes I must pay to trade stocks in Malaysia?
You must pay stamp duty on each transaction if you trade stocks through a broker. This is a fixed rate of 0.3% of the total transaction value.
Additionally, you will have to pay a capital gains tax on any profits you make from selling stocks. You can expect a rate of 0%-26% each year, depending on your income.
Can stocks or markets be traded through the apps in Malaysia?
It depends on the specific app and the regulations the Malaysian Securities Commission sets. Some apps may have restrictions on certain types of stocks or markets, while others may not. It is important to check with the app provider and review the regulations before trading through the app.
How do stocks differ from stock CFDs?
Stocks permit ownership, and the potential for long-term returns, while stock CFDs allow Trading over the long term and speculative gains without owning the underlying asset.
However, it’s important to understand the risks involved with CFD trading, including leverage and the potential for high losses.